When you want to make your home safe and comfortable, you need excellent siding to protect it from the dynamic weather we experience here in Kansas City and the surrounding areas. While there are many home siding options available on today’s market, there are clear and important differences between them. When you work with the average Kansas City siding contractor, it’s often up to you to find and compare these differences, which can make it difficult to make the right decision. However, at Blue Springs Siding and Windows, we’re dedicated to walking you through your options and helping you make the right decision for your home. In today’s post, we’ll provide you with a detailed guide to one of the most advanced types of siding available today — James Hardie fiber cement siding. Blue Springs Siding & Windows has been a leading provider of James Hardie siding installations for more than 15 years. In that time, we’ve seen the benefits that this siding option has provided our customers, and we can certainly attest to its advantages. Read the information below to see the advantages of James Hardie fiber cement for yourself, and get in touch with our siding contractors today to get started!
James Hardie Withstands the ElementsJames Hardie designs its products to exceed the highest siding standards in the industry. The fiber cement is manufactured to hold up against the elements for decades, meaning that you will likely only have to invest in a single siding installation if you plan to remain in the same home. Its durability comes from the James Hardie dedication to make all of its products survive five key threats:
- Weather. The Kansas City area is known for its dynamic weather, and fiber cement siding can withstand harsh weather conditions of any kind. It can also withstand high and low temperatures without chipping or peeling like wood or vinyl siding will in some circumstances.
- Fire. James Hardie products prevent fire from spreading and do not combust. In fact, you can often receive a home insurance discount when you choose to install James Hardie siding.
- Pests. Termites and animals can cause a great deal of damage to your home. Fiber cement siding doesn’t attract pesky birds and insects who normally make their homes in wood.
- Moisture. Water can find its way into many other types of siding. Even small leaks can lead to mold, rot, and devastating water damage. James Hardie engineers its siding to keep out even the smallest drops of water.
- Time. Even the best siding ages and wears down. However, James Hardie siding lasts longer than its competitors and requires less frequent maintenance.