If you’re like most Kansas City homeowners, you’re probably looking for ways to increase your property’s value. In today’s post, we’ll explain three ways that you can boost your home’s curb appeal and value, while also providing yourself with substantial benefits. If you’re interested in learning more about roof replacement, replacement windows, or siding installation, don’t hesitate to contact Blue Springs Siding and Windows!
Replace Your Roof
The roof is a part of your home that can easily go unnoticed until it starts to look dilapidated and run-down. If you’ve noticed that your roof isn’t redirecting water like it should, or if you’re starting to notice that moisture is entering your home through the roof, it’s time to contact a roofing company for assistance. Replacing your roof will provide you with numerous benefits, including:
- Return on Investment
- Replacing your roof can provide you with up to a 70 percent return on your initial investment. New roofs can last for roughly 20 years, and if you’re planning to sell your home in the near future, investing in a new roof will provide you with a great selling point.
- Improved Efficiency
- Old and damaged roofs allow air to flow freely in and out of your home, making your HVAC system work harder to maintain the temperature inside your house. Because hot air rises, an old roof can be particularly costly during the winter, as you’ll likely find yourself having to run the heater more frequently.
- Curb Appeal
- There’s almost nothing less appealing than a home with a damaged roof, and if you’re trying to sell your home, a new roof will help your listing stand out from the hundreds of other homes in the area. When prospective buyers pull up to your home, they’ll be impressed with how new your house looks, even it’s a few decades old.
Replace Your Siding
Replacing your home’s siding will provide you with benefits that are similar to those that come from replacing your roof. Old siding can be an eyesore at best, and a health hazard at the worst. Old and damaged siding allows water to enter the home, and if left untreated, this can lead to severe structural damage. Replacement siding can provide you with a number of benefits, including:
- You can think of your home’s siding as a protective barrier between your home’s structure and the outside world. When your siding is cracked, damaged, or decades old, it may not be able to withstand the elements, and dirt, water, and insects can all enter the home. We’ve heard countless stories of termite and mold damage that could have easily been prevented by replacing the siding. Not only will replacement siding prevent future damage to your home, but it will also allow your siding contractor to inspect your home for signs of existing damage.
- Better Insulation
- Just like your roof, shoddy siding can allow air to flow in and out of your home freely. Kansas City residents are used to running their HVAC systems to stay warm during the winters and to keep cool during the summers, and replacing your siding will substantially reduce your long-term heating and cooling costs.
- Increased Property Value
- Even if your home has a great looking roof, cracked and damaged siding will create a noticeable eyesore for anyone who pulls up. If you’re thinking about putting your home on the market, replacement siding is a great selling point that will give you a marked return on your initial investment. Siding replacement is one of the cheapest home maintenance projects you can undertake, so don’t wait to replace your siding!
Replace Your Windows
Your windows are the eyes of your home, and much like your roof and siding, they are an important part of a potential buyer’s first impression of your home. Warped, cracked, and otherwise damaged windows will detract from your home’s aesthetic appeal, and your property value will suffer as a consequence. Replacement windows provide your home with a number of benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Noise Reduction
- If you’re tired of hearing your neighbors’ conversations and television shows, replacing your windows could help significantly. Older windows tend to have thin glass that allows sound waves to easily pass through, but the double- and triple-pane windows available in today’s market will prevent sounds from bothering you throughout the day and at night.
- HVAC Efficiency
- We’ve often spoken about the energy-efficiency increases you stand to gain from various replacement projects, and for good reason – it’s true. Replacing your windows, much like replacing your roof and siding, will substantially increase your home’s ability to retain hot and cold air, which will save you money on your monthly utility bills. If you notice that certain rooms are colder than others, it’s probably time to think about replacing the windows in those rooms first. One of the biggest advantages of replacement windows is that they don’t all have to be done at once; you can replace them throughout the year or over a period of time that fits your schedule and budget.
- Increased Security
- Older windows, and particularly those that may be warped from years of moisture damage, are easier to break into than older windows. You should also consider that you need to be able to escape from your home in the event of an intruder or fire, and windows that are warped or damaged may not open far enough, fast enough for you to escape.
- Curb Appeal
- Replacing your windows will provide you with a substantial return on your investment. In fact, it’s estimated that windows can return up to 80 percent of your initial investment upon resale. If you live in your home for several years before selling it, you can easily break even or even make money by replacing your windows!
Stay tuned for future posts in which we’ll explore more ways that you can increase your home’s value. Blue Springs Siding and Windows is proud to be Kansas City’s go-to resource for home siding, replacement windows, and roof installation. We offer free estimates, so don’t hesitate to contact us for help with your next home improvement project!
Looking to increase the value of your home? Perhaps ready to take on that next DIY project? When it comes to deciding which home improvement project to take on, there are a few different factors to consider. So to help, here’s our list of the home improvement projects with the…Read More
As homeowners ourselves, we know how frustrating and time-consuming gutter maintenance can be. You have a virtually endless list of things you would rather be doing with your spare time, and you might even skip gutter cleaning altogether! In today’s post, we’ll explain just a few of the many reasons…Read More
As Kansas City’s Top Rated Local® door installation company, we’re committed to providing you with the resources you need to make prudent investments in your home. In today’s post, we’ll explore four of the many signs indicating that it’s time to invest in a new sliding door. When you’ve finished…Read More
Sign Up For Our Newsletter Today
No matter which kind of home siding you choose, it’s covered for life! How can we make a promise like that? Simple – we only install high-quality products that will live up to their promises and our high standards.
Getting a door replacement has never been easier. From the showroom to your updated home, we handle all the steps in between. We can help you decide which door styles, colors, and materials are right for you and your home.
Offering a lifetime warranty on parts and labor, we know the products we use are the best in their class, and we know our window contractors will install them properly so they last for years. Our emphasis is, and always will be, on quality.